The OCR Level 2 Nationals in ICT have been developed to recognise learners’ skills, knowledge and understanding of Information and Communication Technology functions, environments and operations. The pupils carry out a range of tasks that have been designed to recognise their achievements in a modern, practical way that is relevant to the workplace. All units are centre-assessed and externally moderated by OCR. There are no timetabled examinations for this qualification; candidates may complete units at a time that suits the school. The full award and units from this qualification are graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction.
• Develop pupil’s knowledge and understanding of the Information and Communication Technology sector.
• Develop pupil’s skills, knowledge and understanding in contexts that are directly relevant to employment situations, thereby enhancing their employability within the Information and Communication Technology sector.
• Develop pupil’s ability to work autonomously and effectively in an Information and Communication Technology context.
• Enable pupils to develop knowledge and understanding in specialist areas of Information and Communication Technology, and demonstrate the skills needed to participate in the operation and development of ICT specific or non-specific business organisations.
• Encourage progression by assisting in the development of skills, knowledge and understanding that pupils will need to access further or higher education programmes or occupational training on a full-time or part-time basis.
• Encourage progression by assisting in the development of skills, knowledge and understanding that pupils will need to enter employment or enhance their current employment status.
For All Pupils
The IT teaching rooms are open for private study whenever possible. Pupils are encouraged to use the facilities before school and at lunchtime. Some mornings, one of the ICT rooms is usually open from 8.15am.
Pupils will learn how to use:
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Access
• Microsoft PowerPoint
• Macromedia Dream-weaver
• Macromedia Flash
• Macromedia Fireworks and Freehand
• Outlook Express
The network covers the whole school, and pupils can continue with their work at any computer. All machines have access to the internet. Pupils can now get access to the school intranet from home by typing in http://moodle.aschc.com and using their normal school username and password. The school has an effective Internet filter that prevents pupils accessing inappropriate material.
All pupils are taught how to use our Email system responsibly. The option to access the school email system from outside the school can be arranged. Students have email accounts and are provided with their own E-mail address